Organizations serving people with disabilities and their families
Helpful Planning Guides
Maryland state government agencies
Federal government agencies
ABLE accounts and advocacy
Elder law resources
Estate administration resources
Estate planning resources
LGBTQ law resources
Mental health advocacy
National Alliance for Mental Illness (NAMI)
Local Maryland affiliates:
Blogs and newsletters of interest
The Special Needs Alliance (SNA) is a national organization comprised of attorneys committed to the practice of disability and public benefits law. Individuals with disabilities, their families and their advisors rely on the SNA to connect them with nearby attorneys who focus their practices in the disability law arena. The SNA is an invitation-only organization.
The Voice ® is a regular newsletter written by SNA member attorneys for individuals with disabilities and their families on a broad range of topics such as how does a trust pay taxes, updates on SSI and Medicaid rules, and leaving retirement accounts to a trust.
Providing practical advice, emotional support, current trending news and educational information to empower caregivers and families of children and adults with disabilities and special health care needs. As well as to the physicians, allied health care professionals, and educational professionals who are involved in their care and development.
eParent uses a multimedia approach to disseminate information and connect to a diverse and passionate special needs community of families, caregivers, professionals and organizations through:
- Its online publication, which strives, every day, to provide resources, information, support and unlimited inspiration
- Its Exceptional Blog, which provides real help and hope through personal stories
- Its comprehensive Special Needs Resource Directory, which links readers to organizations and entities matching their needs, interests and location
- Its interactive social media via Facebook and Twitter, which inspires and enhances live
- Helpline for peer support